Lion Country Safari, the “wild side” of The Palm Beaches
Over 900 WILD animals including lions, giraffe, zebras, ostrich and rhinos live in The Palm Beaches' backyard. At Lion Country Safari, large herds of animals from 6 continents roam free, while humans visiting are enclosed (in their vehicles).
After visiting the four-mile drive through safari, there’s more to explore in Safari World Amusement Park including 6 rides, animal shows, giraffe and bird encounters, a water sprayground, dozens of animal exhibits and more.
Speaking of babies, in 2012, Lion Country Safari welcomed over 60 animal births. 2013 should bring in even more births – starting with our first birth of the New Year, a blackbuck. If you are lucky enough to be on safari in early 2013, you may even see a giraffe give birth!
- Be just feet away from the world’s largest herd of zebra (outside of the wild herds in Africa)
- Feed a giraffe
- See the oldest-known living chimpanzee in the world, Little Mama
- Ride the 55-foot Ferris wheel
- See one of the country’s only true pride of lions, something rarely seen in captivity
- Cool down in the interactive water sprayground
2003 Lion Country Safari Road West Palm Beach, FL http://www.lioncountrysafari.com Open daily Blog post courtesy of Lion Country Safari.