Tips from a Life & Style Blogger: 8 Must-Haves to Pack when Visiting The Palm Beaches
Blogger @themodernsavvy offers what to bring for a visit to paradise
The joke is that we live where people vacation… but it’s no joke, it’s paradise! When you visit The Palm Beaches, you’re immediately welcomed with year-round sunshine, plentiful sightseeing, fantastic shopping and incredibly-kind locals.
One of my favorite parts about living here is being able to take advantage of the many cities within Palm Beach County – you can easily spend a week lounging beachside, or you can go on a safari (Lion Country Safari), hit up some of the best shopping in the world (Worth Avenue!), and so much more.
So, what should you pack for your next trip to paradise? Be sure you include these 8 must-haves for any visit to The Palm Beaches.
- A chic swimsuit: With 47 miles of pristine waterfront and beaches, a chic bikini or one-piece is a necessity in the destination. Best of all: you create your waterfront destiny. I love how you can either relax under an umbrella, or enjoy world-class snorkeling and diving throughout the area. You’ll often find me at the beaches in Jupiter and Juno Beach with my family, building sandcastles and splashing in the gentle waves.
- A fab pair of sunglasses. Not only are they the ultimate year-round accessory, they’re required to protect your eyes during al fresco lunches, strolls at the area green markets (West Palm Beach’s Saturday morning GreenMarket ranks best in the state!), or a visit to the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens.
- A Lilly Pulitzer sundress – the ultimate iconic Palm Beach brand! Bring a piece of Lilly with you, or treat yourself to a fun print while in town to remind you of vacation. Add a pair of gold wedges for a chic statement-making outfit. And, don’t worry, brights, whites and opened-toed footwear is appropriate any season in The Palm Beaches!
- Your cell phone: a good selfie is everything (I even have a Lumee case to add the perfect lighting!). The Palm Beaches has Florida’s first fully-interactive Selfie Trail… don’t forget to hashtag it with #ThePalmBeaches!
- J. McLaughlin scalloped shorts. These shorts are the best! And, don’t think these are just for daytime. My navy pair looks just as stylish for evening dinners as they do for watching polo. It’s the perfect way to maximize your wardrobe during your stay.
- Straw tote bag: Be sure to bring a lightweight straw tote or cross body that pairs with everything in your suitcase. It will be perfect to toss in all your essentials, along with any fun new finds you discover while here. (P.S.: the shopping is REALLY good here).
- Oversized hat: Whether you’re stomping the divots at Sunday polo in Wellington or enjoying the sun along the waterfront, an oversized hat is a Palm Beach County must!
- Your appetite! Most importantly (at least to me; I’m always hungry!)… bring your appetite. There are so many fantastic and delicious restaurants and eateries – along with popular food trucks -- throughout the county. I live in northern Palm Beach County, and often use Yelp to discover new gems locals in neighboring cities like Delray Beach, Lake Worth and Boca Raton.
Alyson Seligman authors the life & style site, The Modern Savvy. You can also find her on social media at @themodernsavvy.