Discover The Palm Beaches Staff, Local Tourism Professionals Appointed to VISIT FLORIDA Committees
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (June 21, 2016) - Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB), the official tourism marketing corporation for Palm Beach County, today announced three staff members have been appointed to VISIT FLORIDA industry committees. VISIT FLORIDA is the state's official tourism marketing corporation, and each specialized committee works closely with specific VISIT FLORIDA departments to provide recommendations and industry knowledge to the organization.
"VISIT FLORIDA is committed to being industry-centric, and we applaud their continuing efforts to seek input and work collaboratively with their stakeholders," explained Pesquera, who was appointed Chair of the Meetings Committee. "The level of industry participation in all of their programs is a testament to their inclusiveness in developing goals and strategies. It's an honor for me to chair the Meetings Committee, given the significant developments in group-related facilites in The Palm Beaches, such as the Hilton West Palm Beach, the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach and the new Mandarin Oriental under development in downtown Boca Raton."
The following tourism representatives in The Palm Beaches are serving on VISIT FLORIDA committees:
• DTPB President & CEO Jorge Pesquera - Chair - Meetings Committee
• DTPB Director, Public Relations & Communications Ashley Svarney - Global Communications Committee
• DTPB Director, Visitor Services Alan Bernstein - Visitor Services Committee
• Lion Country Safari Public Relations/Marketing Director Jennifer Berthiaume - Promotions Committee
• PGA National Resort & Spa Vice President, Marketing Kathy Casper - Global Media Committee
• PGA National Resort & Spa Senior Vice President, Sales and Market Development David Fine - Meetings Committee
• Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council Executive Director Glenn Jergensen - Global Travel Trade and Air Committee
About Discover The Palm Beaches
Discover The Palm Beaches, formerly the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the official tourism marketing corporation that promotes the collection of 38 cities and towns and 15 tourism districts spanning 2,000 square miles and 47 miles of pristine beaches from Boca Raton to Jupiter, commonly referred to as The Palm Beaches of South Florida. Tourism is among Palm Beach County's major industries. It generates an annual economic impact of $7.1 billion in the local economy, produces $4.55 billion in direct visitor spending and supports more than 60,000 jobs.
Ashley Svarney, Director of Public Relations & Communications
Discover The Palm Beaches
Office: 561-233-3030; Cell: 954-592-6683
Angela Ledford, Manager of Public Relations & Communications
Discover The Palm Beaches
Office: 561-233-3064; Cell: 318-512-7464
Editor's note: Headshots for Discover The Palm Beaches representatives can be downloaded here.